I'm a Data Scientist at Sentinel where I help governments and organizations defend against deep fakes and information warfare by developing intelligent systems and architectures to automatically detect AI generated and manipulated media.
I'm also working on launching an applied AI/ML/DL specialization on Coursera with UC Berkeley, Google and Perceptilabs.
Previously, I have had the good fortune of working with Dr.Brandie Nonnecke at UC Berkeley at the intersection of machine learning and social network analysis where our work was presented to senators in Washington D.C. In the past, I have spent time as a research intern at Nvidia and CNeRG, IIT Kharagpur.
If you're starting your journey in machine learning, check out this roadmap I maintain.
Check out places I've worked at here
When I don't code </>, I write snippets.
Research Interests :
- Generative Modeling
- Image Synthesis and Image Translation
- Computer Vision
- Representation Learning
- Fairness in Machine Learning
- Alternative rock and pizza junkie
- I like to think I play the guitar pretty fly and speak German fluently
- Always up for a game of football (on TV or if you want to play FIFA!)
- Will we ever answer ‘The Last Question'? - Perhaps not, but it's definitely worth pursuing. “Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on Science.”
- Started working at Sentinel as a Data Scientist
- Joined Nvidia as a research intern (Jan 2020 - June 2020)
- Delivered a talk at PyCon Taiwan'19 on ‘Probabilistic Programming using TensorFlow Probability’
- Won ‘Best Social Hack’ at LA Hacks 2019 hosted by UCLA (Major League HAcking)
- Won the 2nd Runners-up award at San Francisco (SF) Hacks 2019 (Major League Hacking)
- Won ‘Best Utility Hack’ at DeveloperWeek Hackathon 2019 (America's largest challenge driven hackathon)
Here are some research papers that I have really enjoyed reading
- Understanding deep learning requires rethinking generalization
- Opening the Black Box of Deep Neural Networks via Information
- Statistical Modeling: The Two Cultures
- Do we Need Hundreds of Classifiers to Solve Real World Classification Problems?
- How transferable are features in deep neural networks?
- On the Measure of Intelligence